March 2021 Newsletter Time to REINVENT yourself
Time to reinvent yourself
Before you read any further, I want to ask you a question: Are you happy with where you are right now in your life? Be honest. If you could change one thing, or maybe several things, about your personal life or your career, would you do it?
If your answer is yes, then I have GREAT news for you…YOU CAN.
“It is essential that we continue to grow and change in big or small ways…one day at a time.” – Caren Merrick
If you’re not happy with how your life is going right now, then NOW is the perfect time to reinvent yourself. Now is the time to become what you have always wanted to be… to throw out the old, stale, stagnant, indecisive, unproductive, and “happy only once in a while” you.
Once you identify areas in your life that need attention, then it’s time to start the renovation. Below are a few suggestions on how to get going with the NEW YOU!
- Make a list of what you want to add to your life and what you want to subtract from it. You need to write it down, just as you would write down a list of goals. If you write down your reinvention list and look at it every day, you will be able to hold yourself accountable for making changes.
- Accept the fact that the reinvention process will take a while. There are no quick fixes. Take it one day at a time and remember that you are making a long-term change of direction.
“Just as established products and brands need updating to stay alive and vibrant, you periodically need to refresh or reinvent yourself.” –Mireille Guiliano
- Understand that when you start making changes in your life, you will feel some resistance. Guilt and fear are completely normal, especially if you have decided to eliminate certain people from your life. Resistance is the number one reason people don’t make changes. Persevere and work through the resistance. You can do this!
- Get up earlier in the morning. When you do this, you will have more time for activities that will make you a better person both professionally and personally. Start your day with a positive mindset, saying out loud the changes you want to make and what you expect from yourself today. Speaking out loud will bring these changes into your universe much quicker. I start each day by telling myself that I will be productive today and I will be a bright light to everyone I come in contact with. It works!
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
- Spend time with like-minded people who are working on becoming better. If you’ve been to one or more of my presentations, then you’ve probably heard me say that we are the average of the people we choose to spend the most time with. If you hang out with five people who are broke, you will be the sixth. If you hang out with five unproductive and lazy people, you will be the sixth. And if you hang out with five positive and forward-thinking people who want the BEST that life has to offer, you will be the sixth.
Life is not a dress rehearsal; all of us are on stage right now and every second counts. What do you have to lose by deciding what you want from life and taking action to make it become a reality?
Now is the time to start reinventing yourself into someone with the right mindset, the drive, the desire, and the determination to be everything you have always wanted to be. Everyone you come in contact with will benefit from the positive changes you make. Reinvent yourself not just for you but also for the people who love you and want to see you reach your full potential. When you become a better person, everybody benefits! YOU CAN DO THIS!
If not, now then when? And if not you, then who?
I can help you maintain a positive attitude and reinvent yourself. I invite you to listen to my podcasts by going to www.vandeeb.com or finding me on Apple or Spotify. Last, but not least, I am available to schedule an online Zoom meeting, webinar, or in-person socially distanced event.
Van Deeb is recognized as an authority in sales, customer service, and leadership. His proven methods and techniques helped Van build one of the largest real estate companies in the country, growing his business from just himself to an agency with 350 associates. Invite Van to present a workshop, keynote, or event at your company. Contact Van at his direct line: 402-680-8448, through email: email@example.com, or on the Web at www.vandeeb.com
What People in the Audience are Saying…
With Van's passion, humor and experience you can be assured of one thing- your audience is going to get fired-up, built-up, and fully charged –up. As an entrepreneur at the top of his game Van is in the unique position of being able to "talk the talk" because he has "walked the walk". Over the years he has been a great inspiration to me and my staff. Van is a speaker with charisma, humility and impact and he's a difference maker in the lives of the people he touches…"
I wanted to thank you for coming and speaking with our company today. I thought your presentation was awesome! I was really motivated and inspired by your thoughts and ideas. I will use this motivation to grow my business and my personal life.”
We are delighted you will be accepting the award for Omaha’s Top 25 fastest growing companies. Congratulations on your outstanding growth and we wish you continued success.”
Thank you for running such a class act company. It is an honor and a pleasure to be associated with someone such as yourself. I know you are probably one of the most respected businessmen in the region.”
Congratulations on writing “Selling from the heart” and thank you for sharing a copy with me. Your class has been one of the most enjoyable classes I’ve ever taken. Your enthusiasm and passion for your work are awesome. But the most refreshing part of the class was your delightful sense of humor. Thank you again for being a fantastic teacher.”
Kudos to you, Van, for reaching a major goal. But more than that...For successfully building one of Omaha’s best companies from scratch and making it thrive even in less than ideal market conditions. You have realized the American Dream...And brought it home to many, many others. My best to you!”
Having you here again was such a blessing to so many! As I looked at the pictures, I could see just how interested each and every person was in what you had to say!
This has been such a gift to our agents when they need it the most. The fact that you come, you are so genuine and caring, you are so honest, you are not trying to sell anything and your passion to help each and every person believe in themselves and become the best they can be is HUGE! The timing is perfect for us all helping and caring about each other, so, thank YOU from the bottom of my heart for giving of yourself to help all of us!”
I enjoyed your seminar and its focus. I was on the fence whether or not to attend and decided why not? I could have sat through an all day session if there was one, usually I end up at the seminars that start with a focus and quickly go astray. I found with yours time flew by too fast and it was already time to go but I wasn’t ready to go.”